The month of January has gone by so quickly. I can hardly even remember what BK and I have done this last month. We started 2014 in Santa Barbara, CA and so much has happened since January 1st.
I went back to school and started my 4th semester at Utah College of Dental Hygiene. I am seeing the most difficult patients I have ever worked on and I am working really hard in my classes to stay on top of things. Not only that, Boards are being more and more emphasized and I’m taking my first Mock Board test on March 7th. One thing I have learned already is that one can never pray for help too early, that’s for sure. But being back at school is great. I love being with my friends and learning more everyday. It’s exciting to see how I’ve become more confident in my abilities at school. I’m not saying that I am incredible, or that I am officially ready to become a Dental Hygienist, but I definitely know that I am capable of improvement and being a great hygienist by the time I graduate. I get an even bigger boost of confidence when my teachers go out of their way to tell me how well I am doing and how impressed they are with my work. And they always seem to tell me when I need it the most.
BK is back at work, and is working harder than ever. I’m so proud of him for all that he does to provide for our little family, to meet all our needs & wants, while still saving money. He’s an amazing man, and I am very lucky to be his wife.
We have been very excited to magnify our callings to the best of our abilities during this past month. January is a fresh start, and we are glad that we get that fresh start at church. With BK being Ward Mission Leader, and me being 1st Counselor in the YW Presidency & Primary Chorister, we have our hands full. But we love every second of it, and are really excited for all the things we have planned for this year.
Here are some other mini, summarized highlights we have from this month!
– I got a haircut. Not a super big deal, but it is when your husband picks it out. So far I love having shorter hair. It’s a big change for me, but my husband loves it and that’s what matters 🙂
|I got a long, inverted bob & ombre. I’m obsessed!|
– I went wedding dress shopping with my twin sister, Christine! I had so much fun and I am so excited for her to be a bride on May 3rd!
– BK has been dominating in church basketball. He loves playing with guys in the ward and plays extremely well. Not to mention he had a phenomenal dunk. But we won’t talk about the fact that his wife missed the whole thing.
– BK has also been cycling a whole lot more now that his lovely wife bought him a trainer. It pretty much turns a bike into a stationary bike so he can ride indoors. I’ll admit, it is very cool.
– I have started running. Now listen. Anyone who knows me knows that I hated running. It was my least favorite thing to do of all time (that is probably a bit of an exaggeration but it’s close to being almost 100% true). So far I have been running for 4 weeks and my longest “run” has been 5 miles. Pretty cool, huh? Now, I don’t want you all thinking that I became this fantastic runner in 4 short weeks. I still walked 3 of those 5 miles. But I ran 2 and I’m really happy about that. I’ve been following an 8 Weeks to a 5k program by Nike+ and I plan on doing it twice (don’t worry, all the walking I am doing is part of the program. I’m not being a baby and giving up during my runs…just so we’re clear). If I stick to it for all 16 weeks, Kurt’s going to reward me with the thing I have wanted most, a DSLR camera 🙂 So I’ve worked my butt off and will continue to do so.
– We went to Park City and watched the Halfpipe Skiing Finals. It was so much fun! We went with Christine and Payton, and many other friends. It is one of the coolest sports to watch and I’m really excited for when the Olympics start next week! Not only did we do that, but we also went shopping in Park City that day. Kurt and I definitely spoiled ourselves! It made me so grateful that we save money which allows us to treat ourselves every so often. You know you have the best husband when he is picking out clothes for you and you actually end up buying them 🙂
|My twin sister, Christine, and her fiance, Payton.|
– On the last day of the month we went to the temple. I loved ending the month on such a high note. The temple is a beautiful place and beautiful things happen there. I am so grateful for the blessings the temple brings into my life and into the lives of my family. BK and I love the temple and love going every month. It has brought us so much closer together and so much closer to Christ.