We’ve had an incredible year! I think it’s safe to say that this year has brought us the most difficult trials we’ve ever experienced, along with some of the most wonderful and joyous moments of our lives.
As the year closes and we reflect on everything that has taken place since January, we are unbelievably grateful for our family & friends that have been there for us, for a merciful & loving Heavenly Father, and for the birth & Atonement of our Savior, Jesus Christ. We feel so blessed!
Here are some highlights from our year!
- Celebrated his 30th birthday with a cruise to Mexico with Alexis
- Hit his 1 year mark for working at Shop Stevie
- Traveled to Michigan to visit family
- Continues to enjoy running (even in the winter) and has participated in a variety of local races including the South Jordan Half Marathon (1:21:07, placing 2nd in his age group and 9th overall) and the Orem District 50/20.
- Has been able to see all of his immediate family members that live out of state this year.
- Went to Mexico for the first time
- Continues to temp as a dental hygienist & has been a Shop Stevie Rep for 19 months
- Enjoys decorating & rearranging the house and trying to be more of a minimalist (with a lot of help from Kurt)
- Traveled to the East Coast to watch her sister graduate from medical school
- Gave birth to our second boy, Luke Joseph Witt
- Spends a majority of her time at home with Chad & Luke, helping both boys learn new things and develope new skills and talents.
- Turned 25 years old!
- Has developed a deeper love of cooking and baking- she made her first pie this year!
- Is 2.5 years old
- Loves animals, and knows many of them and the noises they make. His current favorites are: Lion, tiger, Whale shark, Orca/Killer whale, Crocodile, Wildebeest, Elephant, Hippopotamus, Rhinoceros, and Giraffe.
- Hates taking a bath or being wet.
- Spent a week with Alexis’s parents in Santa Barbara, California without Mom & Dad.
- Had his first ever hospital visit, just 2 days shy of his 2nd birthday
- Became a big brother
- Went to the dentist for the first time!
- Loves watching movies: Trolls, Smurfs, Zootopia, Sing, Tarzan, Frozen, and Brother Bear have all been played on repeat at our house at some point
- Joined our family on August 7, 2017 at 1:09pm; 8 lbs 7.4 oz, 21” Long
- Loves being held, smiling, taking baths, and chewing on everything he can get his hands on
- Enjoys waking up more than a couple times a night to hang out with his Mom
- Has hit many milestones including roll over from tummy to back and back to tummy, learning how to laugh, and learning how to grab things.
- Had many firsts this year, including his first Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, plane ride
- Got to meet all of his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins this year!
We’ve celebrated fun moments (30th Birthday for Kurt, 25th for Alexis, 2nd for Chad, and Luke’s actual day of birth), have made fun announcements (like our Valentine’s Day pregnancy announcement and our gender announcement), and have participated in a lot of fun activities and events with extended family, work, and friends. We continue to enjoy living in Lehi, UT where we bought our first home in April 2016. We enjoy our neighborhood and had the wonderful opportunity of serving the young men in our community and being involved in Boy Scouts of America. We enjoy the parks, museums, and outdoor activities that are close to home.
We have learned a lot this year and have experienced a lot of joy, and even some heartache. Our biggest takeaway from this year is to simplify life and BE PRESENT. There are so many moments you can miss out on if you don’t try to find the joy in everyday life. We’ve been blessed with health (a healthy pregnancy and an improvement with Alexis’s CIU), happiness, and love in our family and we are grateful to start a new year with a new appreciation for life.
We look forward to setting new goals and starting the year off by focusing on Jesus Christ and serving others. We hope you have a very Happy New Year!
The Witt Family